I may collect and process the following data about you
Personal information is collected for a number of reasons, such as to reply to your query or to provide you with an estimate or quote. You may give me information about you by filling in forms on this site or by corresponding by phone, e-mail or otherwise. I will only use that information as is specifically stated when you provide that information or as set out in this policy.
What do i do with the information collected
Upon your query, the details you have provided (eg address, email, telephone number) will be held temporarily so that I can keep in contact with you and respond to your query or provide an estimate or quote for work. If you hire me to provide a service, these details may be stored on my own secure computer systems and will also be used to invoice you once the work is completed. I have password protected systems and anti-virus software to secure this data. This information is also stored on my secure cloud backup system
I may keep your information on file in order to respond to future queries from you or to provide further services.
How long do i keep your personal information?
Personal information is kept until it is determined that it is no longer required, and then it is securely destroyed.
Do you have to provide your personal information?
You have the right not to provide me with your personal information but without important pieces of information I will be unable to respond or to enter into a contract with you to provide services. I will only collect information that is necessary for the purpose.
What are your rights under data protection laws?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
- The right to object to processing of your personal information
- The right to restrict processing of your personal information
- The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
- The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
- The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
- Rights in relation to automated decision making which has a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection laws: https://ico.org.uk/.
How and when can you withdraw your consent?
You can withdraw your consent by contacting me by email (see contact details below).
What should you do if your personal information changes?
If you wish me to have your most up to date details you can do so by contacting me by email, though it is not necessary for me to have this data.
Who do i share your information with?
I share your information with selected third parties if it is necessary to carry out business with you, including my website content management system (WordPress) and web provider (123-reg),. All have their own security and privacy policies in place.
I may also share information necessary to provide related services, such as arranging a print run of your books and having them dispatched from the printer directly to you.